This has been an interesting month, a brand new collaborations album from Ed Sheeran, The 1975 that started their new era, and a collaboration between Billie Eilish and Justin Bieber. And these are my favourite tracks.
My favourite single is The Violence by Asking Alexandria, this track begins with a strong guitar riff, which is followed by a rather calm but demanding voice. The video clip of this song takes us into a zombie apocalypse, with the band members as ‘heroes’. What I personally love most about this track is the way it brings out the lead vocals, especially in the bridge.
Check out the video here; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ckPEI4dYIlM
My favourite album is No. 6 Collaboration Project by Ed Sheeran, this album features 22 different artists, including Justin Bieber and Eminem. Every track is different and you can see the influence the different artists have had on the tracks they feature on, the most incredible being BLOW with Chris Stapleton and Bruno Mars. BLOW is an outstanding rock song, something you’ve never heard before from Ed Sheeran.
The track I like most is the opening number, Beautiful People (feat. Khalid), I’ve always loved Khalid and this song speaks a lot to me, not being someone that fits in with all the ‘Beautiful People’ as Ed Sheeran and Khalid call them.
Some of the songs already have a music video, each different and suitable for the songs. Check it out here; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mj0XInqZMHY&list=OLAK5uy_mr_0oNfDo_LOIB7WKJgXRty7PYIN1L6RE
The 1975 started off a new era with their self-titled song. On the new track, climate crisis activist Greta Thunberg talks about climate change, and how we need to start doing something about it. The song delivers an important message for everyone to hear; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xWcfzAfuFyE
A complete list of new tracks this month:
– BLOW, Ed Sheeran (feat Chris Stapleton and Bruno Mars) (single)
– Nervous Breakdown, Palaye Royale (single)
– The Violence, Asking Alexandria (single)
– Bad Guy, Billie Eilish feat Justin Bieber (single)
– Never Too Late, Elton John (on the new Lion King movie soundtrack)
– Same Drugs, Matt Nathanson feat Patrick Stump (single)
– No. 6 Collaborations Project, Ed Sheeran (album)
– I’m Hard To Love, But So Are You, Vol. 2, Too Close To Touch (EP)
– Where Do I Go From Here?, Never Loved (single)
– Backbone, Status Quo (single)
– Gone, Charli XCX ft Christine and The Queens (single)
– Arcade (Acoustic Version), Duncan Laurence (single)
– Pegasus Seiya, The Struts (single)
– Queen of The Night, Hey Violet (single)
– It Wasn’t Easy To Be Happy, The Lumineers (single)
– The 1975, The 1975 (single)
– Walking In The Dark, Metronomy (single)
– Time In A Bottle (From Fast & Furious), YUNGBLUD (single)
– Caught Up, Majid Jordan feat Khalid (single)
– You Ain’t Ready, Skillet (single)
– Fever Dream, Of Monsters And Men (album)
– Humans, The Faim (single)